Sunday, April 2, 2017

Tim Hortons

    

           

I was totally clueless what Tim Hortons is upon seeing this huge tarp covering their space in Uptown Mall. I thought it was a restaurant or like M&S. After googling, I found out that this is a cafe, kinda like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Tim Hortons multinational fast food and cafe based in Canada famous for their coffee, doughnuts and "Timbits" which is equivalent to DD's munchkins. 

Opened last February 28, the lines were crazy long. Well I kinda expected it since anything franchised and opened in Manila will surely be a blockbuster on its first few days. So I braved the lines 3 weeks after it opened.

Other than doughnuts, they offer sandwiches, bagels and wraps on top of their coffee. What I like about this cafe is that they have combo which is a combination of coffee and doughnuts or sandwich, coffee and potato wedges.

For 100 pesos, I can enjoy a medium coffee and a classic doughnut. If you like to have sandwiches and wedges and coffee, you can get it for 230-270 pesos.

 Menu grabbed from zomato.

The place is spacious enough to accommodate people inside and a couple of tables outside for those who wants al fresco. I love how the lights are yellow and dim just enough to make you feel relaxed while sipping your coffee or just catching up with your friends or working remotely.The staff is very friendly and they are very patient if you are unsure on what to get.
                              


Now let's move on to the taste. I am a coffee lover and you may ask if  it is anything like Starbucks Coffee? I'd say no. It is not as strong as the beans being used in Starbucks. But for the price, it sure is a decent coffee. When I say decent, the flavor is mild and smooth because of the cream and sweet but not overly sweet. I will definitely choose this over Mc Donald's Vanilla Iced Coffee which is around 50 pesos. But of course DD's coffee is  a different story which in my preference is better for those coffee 50 pesos below.  In summary I would say that of a Brewed Double Double (double cream and double sugar) versus other overpriced coffee shops, it's not bad at all.



My go to order is their Iced Coffee and the Vanilla Dip doughnut. Though the candied part is such a pain to bite and the color just bleeds in your mouth, their doughnuts are sweet (shouldn't it be in the first place?) which is perfect for brewed coffee with a shot of expresso. It is heavy and not airy and I like how "full" the doughnut is. So if you are going to ask this time if it is anything like Krispy Kreme , JCO, Dunkin Donuts, Mister Donut, and Donut House, Go Nuts Donut and Starbucks Original or Chocolate Dip Donuts? I'd say in between but some are sweeter than KK and in between KK and JCO. But we all have our own preference. So I really can't say much because doughnuts are doughnuts and I like munchkins and choco butternut is the bomb.


Vanilla Dip


So overall, I think Tim Hortons is a great choice if you want reasonable and decent coffee and if you are in Uptown Mall and you don't want to spend too much on coffee. I also swung by Eastwood and I saw that they are opening their space beside Ippudo.

Don't forget to try their wraps, bagel and other sandwiches :)

Happy Eating!

xx



1 comment:

  1. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really!
    Grossistes d’épicerie à Montréal

    ReplyDelete