Sunday, January 30, 2011

Qizia Cafe

If I have 500 pesos and I crave for pizza, I can definitely order Pizza Hut's 399 php deal. Yes, I can have a cheeseburger pan pizza and cup of oil that goes with it.  Then I'll die.

I have tried Fruili Tratorria alot. I love how their pizza isn't greasy at all.It's a great Italian restaurant in Sikatuna, near UP. They have affordable pizza and pasta too. Although its a bit far (like 15-20 minutes away from my place), we would still go on weekends. One night while I was browsing through facebook, I saw Qizia Cafe. Qizia (chi-zia), a budget friendly Italian restaurant in Marikina seems to be a great place. Since I live near San Mateo and Marikina I promised myself to check it out. Since I finally (well kinda) cleaned my room yesterday it's a great reward for myself to try something new. Well yeah actually I was just itching to go out and try it.

Qizia is located in Katipunan ext. Concepcion DOS in Marikina City. It is located at the back of SDS Medical compound. I find it an odd place. You wouldn't notice that there is a restaurant at the back. So I guess word of mouth. When we got there, tables were all occupied at 8:30pm. Okay, I really didn't expect that place to be full like that. I guess for most people in Marikina it's a well to go place.

 Chillax in Qizia

 Pastry corner

 Coke Zero and Bottomless Iced Tea

Their price range is not far from Friulli. I ordered Spicy Seafood in white sauce which was aroun 110php. Very creamy! like very very creamy. There were bits and pieces of squid,shrimp and bell peppers. With a toast on the side and right amount of cheese. I was a bit disappointed because it was not spicy at all. Maybe because last night I made really spicy buffulo wings for dinner. I still have a hang over on how spicy it was.

 Spicy Seafood in white sauce

Next was Seafood Pizza. I'm sure its spicy too but it's really mild and Margherita. I noticed that the tomato sauce that they used is sweet. I was thinking of italian style but I guess it was a bit of expectation. I really loved the seafood pizza. Margherita, I think I'll go with Friuli. Overall, great place, great food and great price range and menu. I could have ordered alot again but its kinda late. I will really go back to try out some of their other menu. The bill? 490php. (10$)


 Spicy Seafood Pizza


Yummmm


Margherita Pizza


Margherita Pizza




Funny conversation I had with the cashier.

Me: Hindi ba may Milkshake kayo? (while I was browsing through the menu)
       Do you have Milkshake?
Cashier: Uhh ma'm sa may cold drinks lang po.
       Uhh Ma'm it's on the cold drinks
Me: Cold drinks? Uhmmm san yung milkshake? (really looking for the milkshake on the menu)
       Cold drinks? Uhmmm where's the milkshake?
Cashier: Hmmm Ma'm bali wala po pero pwede po gumawa.
        Hmmmm Ma'm it's not there but we can make one.
Me: Ah talaga? Cge anong milkshake meron?
       Really? What milkshake is available?
Cashier: Ma'm yung milk po....
       Ma'm milk.  
Me: Huh? Milk? anong klase available at gagawin?
       Huh? Milk? What kind and whats available to make?
Cashier: Bale ma'm cold milk po tapos lalagyan ng ice tapos i shake.
       Ma'm its going to be cold milk then we'll put ice then we'll shake it.

OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY I WANTED TO DIE RIGHT THERE AND THEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment