Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Sunday

I spent the day with the family for a Sunday bonding time. We went to Technohub for some lunch/dinner and ended up goofing around the colorful "orbs" there. We ate at Kanin Club. This was the second time however I really didnt blog about it. With my trusty camera and on a tight budget we started ordering.



Last time we had (oh gosh I remember my dad. I treated him here for his birthday) tempura, pad thai, kare kare, green mango salad, crispy pata and probably one huge pot of  rice. =P

The food experience was nice that time. Although the service was quite terrible on lunch time. The waiter was clumsy spilling water on our table and imagine probably 20 tables with 3 waiters only. So imagine the time it took for your order to come, get a refill of your iced tea and following up your order. A bad experience on the service really, but the food is fantastic. I promised to come back and here it is.

I never ate dinuguan but they kept their promise about their best seller, "Crispy Dinuguan". My brother ordered it since he was very curious about the dish. I must say that this is one sinful dish. I on the other hand ordered Crispy Tadyang which is beef. The beef really kinda melts itself why you get a portion of it. It is soft in the inside and the right amount of crisp without burning the beef. The kare kare was good, you can really taste the peanuts and the sauce is thick.

                                                                    
Kanin Club's Iced Tea

Crispy Dinuguan (+++)

Kare Kare

Crispy Tadyang

We also ordered Hototay soup, which I really didnt enjoy that much. Maybe because I was hoping that it would taste salty and tangy at the same time. But hey my taste buds I think was looking for sinigang and not that soup. But the amount of seafood and vegetables in the soup is really worth it.

After our lunch/dinner, we headed to the bookstore. My mum went up to check for cookbooks for my cousin and aunt (check out Manila Machine in LA) and I on the other hand went to check out books which can be a good read. I got Maneater.

Since I already starting my business I got a self help book to learn more about what I got myself into. It's just funny how I started it. We'll I just hope im doing a great start.

I also got a book on how to teach new tricks for dogs. I bought it for my dog. I hope she reads it. =D *toink*

They also gave us a discount on the books that we got. Leaving the bookstore with a huge smile on our face.


After the bookstore, we went to CDR-King and tricked my brother on buying me a tripod. Which was so nice of him getting me one.  But I realized I was going to get us some coffee afterwards. But thats a good exchange I guess. After getting stuff from cdrking we got a fix of our frapps in Starbucks and enjoyed the orbs in technohub.







So thats it for the Sunday. Back to work. gotta sleep now its 5am.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment