Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MoMo is Love

It's 3 am, Thursday. I'm still wide awake because of coffee. I don't think I can wake up early later but I have to hit the sack in a while. Im going to accompany W to the doctor to have his checkup. Starbucks wasn't a good idea on a lunch break. The barista made a terrible terrible coffee mix. It was so bitter that I had to share my Grande cup of cafe mocha with Jamie. Angel had white chocolate and it was bitter too. So she also shared some with Jamie. In the end, we were all feeling hyper. I kept standing from my cubicle and going to Angel and Jamie.

Anyhoo this is a great time to upload some stuff. Last Thursday, IM went on a Team Dinner at MoMo Cafe. I only have my trusty cellphone with me and a hungry stomach. Since it's a 1 hour dinner only (which did not happen) We had to choose already what to order so that once we settled in the place we just have to wait for a few minutes for our food to arrive.

 
I love the place. it's cozy and I think it's a great place for a nice huge meal to share with,
  
 Complimentary appetizer

 Here comes the complimentary bread and dip. The spread I think is pimiento or something. Anyway I read on a food blog about the blogger's experience regarding the bread and I was ready for it. I thought they just serve it while you are waiting for your meal to arrive. I actually asked the waiter if I can have some more and yes he gave me more.


 MoMo in Eastwood is kinda small. I was wondering where all the dishes are prepared. But the ambiance is great.
 Grilled Pesto Chicken , Bacon and Apple Caesar Caesar 
(200++php)  

           We thought this salad is good for one actually 6 of us shared it. It's  really in a huge salad serving

Mango Macapuno Shake

 Eya ordered a Mango Macapuno shake. Hmmm I wonder how it tastes. Never bothered to ask her. But since it's mango I think its sweet.



Frozen Strawberry Iced Tea
this one's for me and it is served in a really tall glass.


  
 Sweet & Smokey. Hickary BBQ Rib-LETS

Their platters are good for sharing. We ordered "Sweet & Smokey. Hickary BBQ Rib-LETS" It was a bit dry. The flavor was only in the outside. An okay okay dish. it has onion rings, corn and rice on the side. Not a big thing. I think I'd remember Burgoo's platter instead.

 Old Fashioned Beer Battered Fish and Chips

 Now this one is a must try! If you love fish. Try ordering their Fish and Chips version. It has vinegar and corn and "twister fries" and potato wedges on the side. Of course squeeze in some lemon  or dip in tar tar sauce but the Dory fish didn't give a hint of the fishy taste on it. So I guess they did a great job on the fish. Plus the fact that its an enormous fillet. Must try!



 "Grandma's Country herb and Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf"
(400ish) 

We were looking for the gravy and when wee asked the waiter, she said that it has already been poured over the meat loaf. The veggies on the side were cooked with olive oil. I wasn't a fan of the meat loaf. It was dry and the flavor is kinda everywhere. I really didn't enjoy this one.


So after the meal we asked for our bill and the waitress gave us our free choc-nuts. =)
 I was full until the following day. I will certainly go back to MoMo  <3