Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hatin' MRT



Monday, April 5. The first day of the post holyweek madness. We are scheduled to get to Makati at 10am. Effin 10am. I like Makati, don't get me wrong. I just don't like the thought of going there. It takes me like around 5 minutes to set up a game plan on going to Makati and going back home. 5 MINUTES. But in reality it took us almost 2 hours going there and another 1 hour and 40 minutes going back home. Roughly 2 hours. WHY CAN'T IT BE FREAKIN 5 minutes?!

Waking up 30 minutes before the scheduled time, we had to leave our ride behind. It's MAKATI. Imagine how many stop lights? how many buses to cuss and scream at and people rushing everywhere, anywhere where where! Good thing Andres (the chef next door) is also going there. We all took off at the same time.

Rage #1: THE BUS

The last time I rode the bus was last year (FEBRUARY) going to Ilocos.. it's northbound and it's provincial so its not much to fuss about. But this time it's a scary thought of going Southbound and note this we are only taking the bus going to the train station which approximately will take you around 10-15 minutes on a regular ride. BUT THIS IS A BUS. It took us aroun 20-30 minutes reaching the station. When we got on the bus it was already jampacked and I had to stand up the whole time with my HUGE bag. The extreme part hasn't even started yet.

Rage #2: THE WALK.

After getting off the bus we had to walk like for another 5 to 10 minutes going to the train station. The prickly heat and the air pollution is very welcoming. I must say that I might have swore like 20 times already from the moment I rode the bus and walking to the train station.

Rage #3: THE LINE.

When I thought I was almost over the heat and everything, the long line does not surprise me. No ventilation no nothing. Just 5 long lines and everyone's body heat with extreme sweat. I have spared to this one as Andres the Chef did the purchasing on our behalf.

Rage#4: THE MRT.

Do I really need to be detailed on this part? MRT already describes every hell experience. Sweat, Bad odor, Sticky hands, Sardines, Standing up etc... be my guest enter whatever fitting word for this.

Rage#5: THE MALL.

Getting off Ayala was a slight mistake. I could have been off Buendia instead. We had to do another 15-20 minutes walk from the MRT to SM to GLORIETTA to LANDMARK to GREENBELT. Then I realized we were at the wrong landmark which was stated on the directions given. So we decided to take the cab instead. It only costs 40 pesos and probably a litter of sweat.

I credit and salute all those people who works in Makati comming from the north area. I will never have the same patience like you guys have. All those everyday commuting and getting canned like sardines in the MRT. I could have quitted just thinking of it. But the last rage is going home. Thank goodness there is a free shuttle. I got home free and effortless =). Just saved some major bucks and decided to make spaghetti for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment