Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Cook!

Although I call this YellowCab which sounds like, hoping that I get the spelling correctly, Dianolokan.
This is a Maranao dish that I certainly love eating. I can still remember that the boyfriend and I used to travel all the way to Quiapo for me to be able to taste this dish. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to cook this. Fortunately, his sister came from Iloilo and was able to teach me this dish which I know prepare whenever I crave so.
It's like curry but it's not since most of their dishes has turmeric powder. There is something with Maranao dishes that I really love. Maybe because I looove spicy food.


So what I did is that I got some garlic, bell pepper, onion, ginger and chopped em.



So in a pan I saute the chopped garlic, onions and ginger. Then I drop the chicken with Turmeric powder and bring it to a boil. and season it with salt and pepper. The chicken will produce its own juice and will cook itself. I bring in a cup or two of hot water and bring it to boil until the chicken absorbs it and dries.



I have the shredded coconut mixed with turmeric powder until everything is covered.
in a separate pan I saute the remaining garlic ginger onion and some palapa onion leaves and chili.
Then I mix the shredded coconut and when everything is mixed and the right amount of spiciness, I mix in the chicken. 



This is what you get. =) It's sooo yellow I call it Yellow Cab. So I feed my hungry people. Yum!

It's just weird that I don't know how to cook the regular dishes but aced this one. I'm more into baking and pasta and other stuff. But the Pinoy food... I give it to my mum and brother's girlfriend. =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment