Friday, July 29, 2011

Ohh No No - Nobu

Just this Julyish... we went to Nobu for my brother's post birthday lunch. Struggling to wake up at 9 am and head to Macapagal Ave. In Bluewave, we were able to be there just in time for lunch.

Nobu (well according to them) offers Japanese / Korean cuisine. I was all excited about grills and hot pot but once we got there there were a lot of things going in my head. And it all starts with the word "WHY". I saw that their normal price is 350.  With rather poor selection and number of dishes being offered claiming that they serve "authentic" japanese and korean dish I would rate them 5/10. For one, I'd like to praise them for their complimentary iced tea (which is not your typical tea) and their Korean Beef which I seem to remember most. The Maki on the other hand is composed of HUGE cuts which means big enough to choke with and the filling is HOTDOG . The hot pot is well, erm ok NO SHRIMP in sight. Oysters yes and some usual clams and mussels.


Nobu's complimentary Tea (tastes like water to me) 


so we had to order Iced tea (Left) You can really see the difference. 


Errmmm the hotdog maki, beef and veggie tempura. 



Most memorable korean beef. (sorry for the blur) 


Huge slices that doesn't fit your mouth =D It would be nice if it was bite size portions. 


The sea food selection. Octopus and so on. Not included on the picture are the squid and fish balls.
NOT even a shrimp and crab in sight.  =\ 


I was hoping for the grilling experience. =( 


Placing everything in the pot. 


Just for the heck of it.


Over all, I was really full because of the beef. The place is small and the buffet table can like hold 6 main dishes and others are just the slices of veggies and noodles.

They should get rid of the hotdog. 

But still it's food.

Sambo Kojin next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment