Sunday, October 7, 2012

Random Thoughts: Stuff around the World

Hi you guys! I know I have this long due stuff to blog about. I've been very tired for the past few weeks literally. It has been very stressful at work. Never ending deadlines and reports to meet. I have missing out to dine out on my list. I even had to tweet about it. But anyway let me just share to you what I've got from my friends and boss just last month :)

My friends went to Singapore and Malaysia and one of my dearest friend who is based in Malaysia sent me some spices to work with. I have been trying to cook new recipes and hope to get it right. One weekend, BB and I went to the market and bought a couple of stuff for my packed lunch. I picked up chicken, fish and some spices and greens. When we got home, I was left to wash the fish and chicken. He was still out talking to the neighbors and I was really hungry. I wanted adobo that night. So I geared up and attempted to cook one. You must know :) I haven't cooked adobo in my entire life :). I know it's easy cause it's just soy sauce and vinegar and pepper and basil. But I wasn't that sure how the portion is. Besides, I love my mom's adobo. In the end I think I did something right. :)



So anyway, here are the spices I received from Malaysia. Kari Daging (Curry Powder), Rempah Rendang (Rendang Powder) and Serbuk Cili (Chili Powder). I'm still typing in google the exact amount of powder I'm going to use for making Rendang. But I guess I'll just do an experiment this week or so. I'll blog about it anyway. :)


Well a keychain from Malaysia and another keychain from Singapore. But what I love most is the Teh Tarik Milk Tea. One of the best I suppose that I have tasted :)


My other boss who went on a Euro trip with my other 2 bosses gave me 3 yes THREE BOXES of Larnicol Macarons. :) Sweeettt right! :) They are my favorite :) Each one of them tastes divine. :) See that? I have 3 smiley faces on this one. That made me really happy!


I just want to share what my boss gave my friend :) I bet it tastes FUNNY. :) :) :) This one is from Cologne.


Our company was in charge of the IT for the 2012 Olympics. I'm glad that my proclaimed Uncle, Dawed sent this over to me and some of the guys here in Manila. All the way from the UK. :) I wanted one so bad and I was surprised that he sent Wenlock! Woot Woot! :)

 

And this one is from Starbucks in Eastwood. PHILIPPINES! ;-) A midnight birthday surprise for me by my friends <3 p="p">
So I guess that's all for now. I will blog soon I promise :) It's now October and I'm pretty sure alot of things will be happening for this and the coming months. I will talk to you guys soon! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment