Saturday, October 27, 2012

SaladBox : Review


 Hi Guys! I was supposed to do my review but I was swamped with reports and deadlines to meet. So anyway as promised and as I am in my WEEKEND mode :) Here it is! My first box from Saladbox!

I made a post about saladbox before. Basically it is a subscription box. Each box contains sample or full size items that you can enjoy straight to your doorstep! The boxes are 500php a month but costs less depending on the subscription. I got renewal / monthly subscription to test it for a few months. There has been a number of beauty boxes popping in the Philippines like crazy. One in particular is GlamourBox which I also want to out try soon.

So anyway, my much awaited box came this Wed. I was at work and my mom texted me that a box came. When I got home, I went straight to opening it.

Behold, a very minty green box. I find it very sophisticated but rather small.
I have been watching some unboxing videos in youtube from different countries and this is quite smaller as I have expected. But again,big things also come in small packages! :)



Opening the box, I can already smell something nice. It's like entering a store  and the smell of wrappers and scents gives you a feeling of shopping in the mall. When I opened the box, a card sits on top of the white parchment.


Under the top cover shows a neatly looking logo.

Tadaaaan!!! here are the items cradled in pink paper. 

 If you are wondering what's on the back, it gives you detailed information about the products included in the box.


Tadaaan! First item, Sakura Foam Hand Sanitizer!
Reminds me of the Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring kit.


Peeking at the bottom of the bottle, its just liquid.


And once you give it a pump, bubbles come out!
Smells really nice too! I honestly think I'll use this over alcohol :)


While others got a charcoal soap, I received pillow mist in Relaxing Mint.
I love going to spa and I love Mint and this can be very relaxing. I would love to use this on my pillow and on long travels. This came in full size by the way!


Next, Ive got 2 Virginia Olsen Mineral Eyeshadow. I was really happy with the Plum but not really sure with the Gold Bars. But again very happy since I would love to try more mineral makeups.


Up close on Gold shimmering eyeshadow.


Plum - Lovin shade


Lightly swatched. Not bad. Just glittery for me.


Black Beauty Shampoo.
I'd love to try this brand. My grandmums send us bottles of Mane and Tail.
Let's see how this will go with my hair. :)


I forgot to take a picture of the last one which is a room spray of fig and spiced tea. I have to say I'm not a fan of it.  What I also noticed is that not all of the boxes are giving the same items. I was hoping of getting the soap by the way. They also mentioned that there is like a beauty profile but I haven't seen anything on the site. So I'm kinda afraid that they maybe sending me cosmetics that may not compliment my skin color/undertone.
Overall, (in  my own opinion) I have expected more considering that this is their first box. More cosmetics, because that's what most of the subscribers want. But I'm happy with the pillow mist. =))
I'm still giving it another try.

Until the next SaladBox!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment