Monday, July 2, 2012

Saturday : I-Cook! - Wings Night

Hey Stranger! How was your weekend? Believe it or not, I was trying to blog since Saturday night but my connection was dreadful. I can go youtube but not attach images here. So I had to wait to get a decent internet connection which is today.

This weekend was totally a lazy one. I was stuck in bed youtube-ing the whole day and reviewing some of my new purchases. I also have a project which I was inspired to do but will blog about it very soon. Meanwhile my plans of overhauling my blog is still in progress. I think im half busy and half lazy but most of the time LAZY to do some changes.

Anyway back to what the title is all about. Saturday night while browsing and watching AFC, the guy was making some mashed potatoes. I dragged le boyfriend to Shopwise to pick up some stuff so we can have dinner. I swear... Im really going to fly. I have been eating chicken for 2 weeks now. :|

]

Anyhoo. this is really easy to prepare and addicting. :) I love Bon Chon and some other restaurants serving wings. But the price can be very very expensive. for 6 pcs of wings (meaning 3 pieces for wings cut into half) is a little less than 200 pesos. 

I bought 10 pcs of wings which costs 121 pesos (169php per kilo) which makes 20 pcs of "wings".

So first (no picture available), I cleaned and peeled 5 medium sized potatoes. After that, I cut them into small pieces. I have boiling water ready so I just drop them so that it will be faster to cook. I season it with a little salt.

Next, I have the wings prepared and cleaned. Cut them into half and have my pan ready.



I have my  breading ready.


Then fry them wings until golden brown.


So once I have fried all my wings, I place them on top of some tissues to drain the excess oil and rest them. Then I get my potatoes and place them on a big bowl, add half cup of butter and black pepper. then mash them. Dust with a little salt to find that taste and drizzle with milk to have that puree effect.

Going back to the wings, mix a generous amount of your choice of sauce.
Then lastly, some gravy to top the potatoes.


How did you spend your Saturday night?

Happy eating!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment