Friday, August 26, 2011

National Sports Grill

Since I am still sick, I asked my brother and his girlfriend to accompany me going to Makati for a very important meeting yesterday. The weather is unbelievable. It was really hot even tho it rained. Is it because Makati is surrounded by tall and enormous structures? I have been spending my week inside the house and it really stresses me to see cars and traffic and pollution and all. Cold ugly truth about the weather. I am for green. =) Must save earth.


As we walk past the Greenbelt malls (outside) you can definitely feel that there is no wind and it was very dry and hot and sticky feeling.

We finally found National Sports Grill in Greenbelt 3 located on the 3rd Floor.  I have read some reviews about this and I was hesitant to try.



We sat at a corner. Thank goodness it was really cold inside. Hot outside. Cold inside.


Hmmm, for a sports restaurant, it is really gloomy inside. When we ate, there was not much talking unlike when we were in Mcdonalds earlier (OH THE DOUBLE SUNDAE FTW!). But dim lights? and empty seats?

I opted for a glass of water and skipped the soda. It was really hot and there is nothing that would keep you hydrated but H2O.




My brother chose to get Dalandan Juice. This was the hilarious part. When my brother asked the waitress about the juice if it is POWDER mix OR REAL FRUIT juice, the waitress answered "Liquid" I tried to hold on to my laughter but had to keep my head down instead. "Liquid po yung dalandan juice" What were we thinking? What was she thinking? But we all laughed anyway. We all know that the juice comes in Liquid form.


I was imagining HUGE servings on their meal. Only because I was really dehydrated and kept on drinking wate before our meal was served, I got a bit disappointed with the price vs. the servings. It is probably for sharing. But each plate costs almost 400++ pesos.

We ordered the Seafood basket which consists of calamares, fish fillet and shrimp. 
The fish fillet is really good. The batter they used is really nice. It went out crunchy. Although I wouldnt get too much as I taste alot of msg.


Seafood Pasta

Bland. I love the bread though. The pasta could have used more basil and maybe cream or garlic.


Spare ribs.

Now thiss is what I am going to rave about. I love the sweet BBQ sauce. Major meal consists of 2 cuts and coleslaw, garlic rice and a fruit. I wish they just placed corn instead.


Peewee Pasta

Hello Jolly Spaghetti. It came in meaty and sweet. I like it but I was hoping that it didn't come out as a Jolly Spaghetti.  Again, love the bread.

Our bill was 1716php. Worth the experience. I think,,if I want to go American / huge dishes, probably go with Burgoo.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment