Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Krispy Kreme Coffee


One of the craziest thing we have done is having two krispy kreme original glazed doughnuts as buns and placing a quarter pounder burger patty in between. It felt like the most delicious burger ever!

I woke up early today (hours before my schedule) being excited with I don't know why. The weather is a bit gloomy with scattered rain showers (sounding like PAGASA today) but have cooperated with me as I travel taking the forsaken MRT which made me think if I am going to ride this every day or not. I hate the fact that they turned off the escalator and people would walk non stop which reminds me of my gradeschool / highschool years.

As I rushed for my 2pm appointment which went very very well, I headed straight to work feeling really sleepy. I want coffee and I have to pass with the coffee vendo machine, as my colleague describes as faucet water mixed with coffee. I wanted something strong which can make me stay awake through out my 9 hour shift.

Chris was going to get coffee on his break and I was thinking of the usual Starbucks and CBTL. I wish Serenitea can make me feel awake only if tea mix does make me awake. So as he goes to his usual Krispy Kreme coffee fix, I asked him if he can get me a latte.

3 Sips and instantly I am awake. I haven't even finished a quarter of the cup and I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep.
If I were to compare coffee to make you awake for a number of hours, KK really makes strong coffee! I can compare it to the Cafe Americano from Starbucks but stronger. What's good is that they have a passport which when completed, you either get half a dozen doughnuts (3 coffee orders) and mugs (6 coffee orders). Sweet deal! Since they also promote recycling and all, if it is your first time to purchase coffee from them they give you a holder/sleeve which you can use again. On your next purchase, just show them the sleeve and you automatically get 1 peso off from your drink!

Too much caffeine. Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment