Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-10-11: Mercato Centrale




Friday! Technically Saturday (if that even makes sense). It was after work and we are all thinking if we should be joining the people going to Mercato Centrale. We found the reason why we should join them. Chris told me they serve ice cream. I have been raving for something different the whole week and this can be the answer. Together with the SDMs and Managers we headed to The Fort for a midnight gluttony.

The challenge was to make John and Ruth eat  street foods and pinoy delicacies. I think I saw Ruth eating Siopao (not pinoy but yes loved by) which we called SioMeow explaining that there is a possibility of having cat meat inside. Some Ilocos empanada and the famous Manang's chicken which we forgot to take picture of. I also saw John braving the Blood Stew a.k.a Dinuguan.

Manang's chicen is wins on all the wings I have tasted! double fried with your choice of sauce from mild to spicy!

Even though there was a wide spread of internal organs, it shows on their faces how sick it is to try and eat any of it.



The food selection I guess compared to Banchetto is quite fancy. The prices too for some are really expensive. Like the long stick of Fish Balls costs 50php and Siomai costs 45php 4 pcs. Street food is even pricier. The usual 5 pesos per stick costs more. But I think its better to buy here. I am thinking that these are well cleaned rather from your usual street vendor.

As we scanned the whole place, Eya and I saw Snow Cones and had to get one each! I had apple and Eya chose Bubblegum which by the way tasted like cough syrup. The one I had reminds me of Slush Puppies. Apple flavor delish! John sounded like a parent when he saw us with snow cones. "That's not proper food!"


There were lots of food to choose from but I was not in the mood to eat that time and I was on a mission. Well we are on a mission. To taste smething different for the night. Before that, what caught my eye was this cheesy potatoes.  Very flavorful and I can still remember the taste. yum yum yum!


And now it's time for Merry Moo!
They offer a variety of unique flavored ice cream.



Merry Moo


Menu




Brown Bread and Candied Bacon



Strawberry Basil and Pistachio Mango





We got Candied Bacon and Sea Salt Caramel


The verdict? I wish DQ has this kind of ice cream flavors. Very rich and creamy. The Candied Bacon tasted like vanilla ice cream with Bacon bits. It was weird at first but very very delicious. I think Ruth liked it. I was raving for their Sea Salt Caramel ice cream. You can really taste the saltiness and the caramel. The war between sweet and saltiness. The taste  complimented each. It tasted like coffee but it's not.

That ended the trip. Awesomeness.

Credits to Chris Deles for all the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment