Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cravings: not anymore!


I have been wanting to try Craving's unlimited Coffee and cakes  for some time now.  I saw this on Jessica Soho's program one time and been craving to try it ever since.  For only 150php doesn't sound so bad. I agreed to go with Mr. JRC when he told me he was going to try this. I can't miss this!

It was Friday dinner time and we were greeted by a waiter who I have asked about the number of cakes they offer that night. Unfortunately there were 3. I am SURE they offer 4. So the waiter said he will ask and he will be back. 10 minutes gone by and he did not return. I heard ALOT of people complaining how slow the service was. Maybe because it was Friday and it was dinner time and it take more than 10 minutes to make a salad or a sandwich?

Anyhoo, we were there for the cakes and coffee so it SHOULD be a pleasant  experience. Apparantly not.  Let me start of with the cake.

There are 3 cakes not 4 as shown on the menu. SADNESS!

(L-R middle portion)
Caramel cake, Devil's cake and Mars cake

For starters, I chose a slice of Mars cake.

I was so excited looking for traces for mars and finally saw one resting between the 2 layers which is the outer chocolate covering of the mars br measuring a few centimeters only.

The cake is not moist or even fluffy and is stiff. It's a bit heavy though.I would say this is just okay. Nothing spectacular.Betty Crocker cakes are way better. The sad part is that the 3 cakes they offer all have the same consistency and texture. The only difference is the icing.

Devil's cake.

Same cake, different frosting. The frosting didn't come out very well. Instead of a smooth frosting, you can really taste the sugar granules and how the outer layer turned into a meringue. I even think marshmallows were used because it was sticking on the cake.

I'd go for Chocolate Kiss' Devil's Cake.

Now for the Caramel Cake.

A can of condensed milk submerged in boiling water for hours.  That's how I can describe it.It's just too much. Not that Caramel made from scratch.

Good thing there was coffee that washes away the sweet taste.
For 150 plus service charge or whatever government tax not yet included, personally and honestly it was not a good experience.

*all photos from Mr. JRC
xx

2 comments:

  1. bakit hindi mo pinost pics mo.... hahaha... sayang, yung pa naman hihintay ko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one? the uber sadness face? =)) ayaw!

    ReplyDelete