Sunday, October 9, 2011

Platinum Fitness

I was to blog about this since last week and didn't have the time. I'm so caught up running from here to there and I don't even know what I'm doing (rant stops here). Last weekend, we went to Platinum Fitness for some relaxation. Located in Gilmore (yes where all the gadgets are), I have judged the fitness and spa center too quickly. Upon entering a comfy couch was rested in the middle of the room and the smell of mint and oils  is all over the place. It looks so simple and I wished it is not "just another" spa. Little did I know Derek Ramsey is a member of this fitness place and the membership is pricey too! Around 38k annually for individual membership. The half glass doors are locked with automated security bolts.

We waited for the receptionist and had someone lead us to the womens wet area while my brother and our friend was ushered to the left, the men's area.

They gave us plastic bands with numbers and it made me feel so dumb dumb. What the heck am I going to use this for. They said it was the key to the locker. Ah-- technology! All you have to do is place the number on the sensor then you will hear the locks turning and tadaan! The locker is now open. I was so amused that I opened and closed it and I think im getting weird looks.


Moving forward, the wet room is uhhhmaaazinnng!!!! they have sauna, around 5 shower rooms with soap and shampoos a pool and 2 jacuzzi (hot and cold). I have never expected the place sooo modern and just so nice! (apologies since this is the first time I have heard of this place)


Yeah, to the oven.


Where I was simmered in hot water. =)) Oh so relaxing


Mother braved the sauna. I couldn't. I can't breathe. Oh yeah forgot to read the first pic's guidlines.


The shower at the pool.


Indoor pool. Ahhh If only my house is  HUGE that this pool can fit in.


Want to take a break from swimming. Chill out on the woven chairs.

I know its bad but after the hot jacuzzi, Irene and I went straight to the pool. It was only the 2 of us and the whole wet area for ourselves. We were called in because it was time for the massage.

We went to another room with an enormous flat screen with lots of lazyboy and comfy couches and dim lights. Reminds me of a living room and on the "basement" is the massage area.

I hope I'd get a chance to be here again. =) pretty relaxing for a stressful month and I love the facilities!

xx

2 comments:

  1. they've got a very nice facility. no wonder their membership fee could cost an arm and a leg. i thought that Manansala Gym(in Rockwell) is the best, but having seen this, i may have to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY gym?? lolz! They have 299php between 11-2pm weekdays. Not sure if it includes the wet area and the gym.

    ReplyDelete